Skip to main content


You must notify the PRH and the Tax Administration when you start up a business or an organization, make changes to it, or terminate it. You can use our online filing service in Finnish or in Swedish to file some of the notifications but others can still only be filed using our paper forms.

On this website, you will find instructions for filing notifications

  • with the PRH Trade Register, the Register of Associations or the Register of Foundations;
  • with the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register at the Finnish Tax Administration.

Take special care of personal identity codes and home addresses

The Trade Register is a register for public use. Anyone is entitled to obtain information about the entries made in the register. This principle of open access also applies to all notifications and enclosures filed with the Trade Register.

When you send notifications, do not include any documents that contain personal identity codes, home addresses, or other sensitive details, such as health details. Such documents may include minutes and partnership agreements.

If you file your notification using our paper forms, file the person’s identification details on a separate personal data form. Do not fill in personal identity codes or home addresses on any other notification forms.

Go to to read more about the processing of personal data at the PRH.Open link in a new tab

Instructions and notifications

You will find the instructions, online services and paper forms in the left-hand menu. There are separate instructions for each type of business and organization.

Online notifications are easier and faster to use than paper notifications. Please note that the online service is only available in Finnish and in Swedish. Online notifications to the Trade Register and the Register of Associations are cheaper than notifications on paper.

Read more about tips for online filing at

Choose only online notifications at

These instructions do not apply to associations filing their notifications in the online service of the PRH Register of Associations. Go to the online filing service of the Register of Associations.Open link in a new tab

When filing your company’s notification in the online service at, you can choose that in the future, the company will only file online notifications. If you choose only online notifications, the Finnish Trade Register and the Finnish Tax Administration will not accept paper forms (Y forms) from your company.

Go to to read more about choosing only online notifications (in Finnish).Open link in a new tab

Go to to read more about choosing only online notifications (in Swedish).Open link in a new tab

Submit your address to the Finnish Post Office (Posti)

Please note that company addresses submitted to Posti are not forwarded to the BIS, and addresses submitted via are not forwarded to Posti.

Therefore, remember the following:

  • Submit your address to Posti when you start a business, set up a new office or change the name of your company.
  • Inform Posti if your home address is the postal address of your company.

Read more about how to submit your company address to Posti.Open link in a new tab