Skip to main content

Start-up notification - co-operative

A co-operative comes into being when it is registered at the Trade Register. For registration, you must file a start-up notification.

You can use the same notification form to register with the VAT Register, Employer Register, and Prepayment Register, which are maintained by the Tax Administration.

It is not yet possible for co-operatives to file their start-up notifications online.

File your notification using form Y1, appendix form 2 and personal data form.

Please scroll down for the forms. Fill in the form - either in Finnish or in Swedish - on your computer, then print it at A4 size, and send it to the address given on the form.

If you already have the memorandum of association and rules completed, or the formation package is otherwise unsuitable for you, file your notification following the instructions on the PRH website. Go to the instructions.

Pay a handling fee

When you file your notification with the PRH Trade Register on a paper form, you must pay the handling fee in advance. Enclose the receipt with the notification. See the payment instructions on the PRH websiteOpen link in a new tab .

Please fill in the forms in Finnish or in Swedish.

After setting up your co-operative: file details of beneficial owners

The PRH sends a register extract about the registration of your co-operative by post when the start-up notification has been registered.

After the registration of your co-operative, please note that you have to file the details of actual beneficial owners with the Trade Register. The notification of beneficial owners is free of charge. Read more about filing details of beneficial owners.