Skip to main content

Notification of changes - co-operatives

If changes occur within your co-operative, you must immediately file a notification of changes with us to keep your records up to date at the PRH Trade Register, and in the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register at the Finnish Tax Administration.

Notification of beneficial owners

All co-operatives must file a notification of their actual beneficial owners with the Finnish Trade Register and thereafter keep the details in the Trade Register up to date.

Filing the details of beneficial owners is free of charge.

The co-operative must file a notification even if the co-operative has no beneficial owners or the co-operative does not know them. Read more about filing details of beneficial owners.

Notification of changes online

You can notify us about changes to the following details online:

  • address and contact details
  • company name, parallel company names
  • auxiliary company names and their lines of business
  • accounting period
  • place of registered office
  • board of directors
  • auditors
  • managing director
  • holders of procuration
  • persons authorised to represent the co-operative
  • line(s) of business to be reported to the Trade Register
  • rules
  • main line of business to be reported to the Tax Administration
  • details entered in the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register
  • beneficial owners and notifying the Trade Register of the termination of your role as a beneficial owner.

Most notifications of change to the Trade Register are subject to a fee. It is however free of charge to file changes to your address or contact details.

See the prices on the PRH websiteOpen link in a new tab .

Please note that online filing is only available in Finnish and in Swedish.

If you want to file the notification using paper form Y4, you will find the form at the end of this page. Fill in the form - either in Finnish or in Swedish - on your computer, then print it at A4 size, and send it to the address given on the form.

  • To file changes only with the Tax Administration, or changes to address or contact details only, use form Y4.
  • To file most common changes, use form Y4, Appendix Form 14A in Finnish or in Swedish, and the Personal Data Form.
  • If your co-operative is being changed into a limited liability company or public limited company, use form Y4, Appendix Form 1 in Finnish or in Swedish, and the Personal Data Form.