Skip to main content

Notification of termination - private traders

In Finnish, private traders are often called "toiminimiyrittäjä", “toiminimi", “tmi", or “yksityisliike". On the Tax Administration website, they are also called self-employed, and “liikkeenharjoittaja" or “ammatinharjoittaja" in Finnish.

A private trader must inform the PRH and the Tax Administration about the termination of their business.

As soon as the notification of termination has been registered, the company details will be removed from the Trade Register and the protection of the registered company name is no longer in force.

Read more in our instructions on the PRH website at link in a new tab

Submit the notification without delay after closing down.

Notification of termination is free of charge.

Online notification of termination of business

Please note that online filing is only available in Finnish and in Swedish.

Notification using our paper forms

If you want to file the notification using paper form Y6, you will find the form at the end of this page.

Please fill in the forms in Finnish or in Swedish.

Fill in the form on your computer, then print it at A4 size, and send it to the address given on the form.