Skip to main content

Notification of changes - limited liability companies

If changes occur within your company, you must immediately file a notification of changes with us to keep your company records up to date at the PRH Trade Register, and in the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register at the Finnish Tax Administration.

Notification of beneficial owners

All limited liability companies (excluding listed companies) must file a notification of their actual beneficial owners with the Finnish Trade Register and thereafter keep the details in the Trade Register up to date.

Filing the details of beneficial owners is free of charge.

The company must file a notification even if the company has no beneficial owners or the company does not know them. Read more about filing details of beneficial owners.


Most notifications of change to the Trade Register are subject to afee. It is however free of charge to file changes to your address orcontact details.

See the prices on the PRH website.Open link in a new tab

If you file your notification online, you also pay the handling fee online. Pay the notification in the online service after it has been signed by using internet bankcodes or by credit card.

Notification of changes online

You can file most notifications in our onlineservice at Please note that online filing is only available in Finnish and in Swedish.

You can notify us about changes to the following details online:

  • address and contact details
  • company name, parallel company names
  • auxiliary company names and their lines of business
  • accounting period
  • place of registered office
  • persons holding responsible positions: board of directors, managing director, auditors, holders of procuration, and persons authorised to represent the company
  • resignation or termination of your appointment if you have held a responsible position in a Company
  • line(s) of business to be reported to the Trade Register
  • capital details: share capital, shares, options and other special rights, and authorisation of the board of directors
  • articles of association
  • merger (absorption merger or subsidiary merger)
  • change of company form of a limited liability company into: co-operative, general partnership, housing company, limited partnership, mutual real estate limited company, private trader or public limited liability company
  • main line of business to be reported to the Tax Administration
  • details entered in the VAT Register, Prepayment Register and Employer Register
  • beneficial owners and notifying the Trade Register of the termination of your role as a beneficial owner
  • filing financial statements with the Trade Register.

You can file your notification online if

  • you are at least 18 years old
  • you have a Finnish personal identity code
  • you have either your own personal internet banking codes, or a mobile certificate, or an electronic identity card (HST card).

If you want to report the changes using paper form Y4 and Appendix Form 13, you will find the forms and instructions at the end of this page. Fill in the forms – either in Finnish or in Swedish – on your computer, then print them in A4 size, and send them to the address given on the form.

  • To file changes only with the Tax Administration, or changes to address or contact details only, use form Y4.
  • To file most common changes use form Y4, Appendix Form 13 in Finnish or in Swedish, and the Personal Data Form.
  • To notify of merger or demerger of a limited liability company, use form Y4 and Appendix Form 16 in Finnish or in Swedish.